Thursday, March 8, 2012



Midterm Proposal

I have always liked to experience events where there is always a story to tell through photographs. I enjoy documentaries, stories where there are so much to see and learn about society, such as violence, poverty, intuitional witnesses and family disintegration. Therefore I have chosen the idea of going to a tattoo studio to photograph the artists and also their art. The reason that I decided to do this project is because one of my classmates has tattoos all over his body and I have always believed that there is a strong definition behind their tattoos symbolizing their personality, belief and struggles about life.


Composition strategies
I am trying to approach symmetrical and asymmetrical balanced images depending on the silhouette postures or posture. I won’t probably use straight or horizon lines just because the objects are going to be human bodies. I will be taking the image using narrow and wide depth of field, it depends on the effect that I would like to project in the photo. There would be a different vantage point, how I said before it depends what is my focus point in the photo. There are not going to be borders in my prints.

Quality of light
I would like to work with natural light giving a better color tonality; I also want to put effects of soft shadows in the photos trying to highlight the silhouette of the image.

Color Theory
I would love to get a very strong diversity of color tonalities of the artist’s tattoos and their work. I am also thinking to blur the background sometimes to highlight the tones.  
                                                                                                     



1 comment:

  1. what kind of natural light? think hard about time of day, what will be most effective?

    i think zooming in one some tattoos and portraits of the tattoo artists and/or customers would create needed variety.

    google this type of project, there are some out there and they can help you prepare by pre-visualizing situations...

    ReplyDelete