Sunday, March 4, 2012

Midterm Proposal


For my mid term project I would like to use one model and explore the idea of color using the background and their clothing. I was thinking of going to a few different simple locations and exploring color pop. I want my photos to be relatively simple except for the clothing. I don’t want the background to be too distracting. But at the same time I want to make sure it adds to the photograph. I want it to have a purpose even if it just to make the color of the clothing pop.
When thinking about my project compositionally a million different ideas come to mind. One thing I know for sure is that none of my photos are going to be completely symmetrical. I don’t plan on having my subject in the center of the frame for any of the photos. I want to play around with vantage point. I want some of my photographs to be eye level with my model and others to be from birds eye and some from worms eye. I don’t plan on putting any borders around my prints. Most of my photos will be relatively close to my model. I don’t plan on taking any extremely far away. I am going to play around with having it be full body and some cropped.
All of my photographs are going to be taken outside. I am therefore going to use natural light and maybe a reflector of some sort. I want to hopefully take them at some point right around 10 or 2 so that the color will be slightly warm. I would like to take them on a sunny day. I don’t want there to be too many hard shadows. I would like it to have a overall soft feel, besides the pop of color.
My color theory is to match the clothing to create color harmonies. Not only with one another but also with the background. I want the clothing to do a lot of the talking along with my models poses or expressions. I don’t want the color of the background to be too distracting. I want it to work with the clothing. I don’t have one specific color harmony I plan on working with. I want to explore many of them and when I edit through my film, I will see which ones translate the best. 

1 comment:

  1. what could the subjects be doing to add more visual interest? what if they were looking backwards? laying face down? be sure to consider a lower vantage point, don't take it for granted that bringing the camera up to your face is the best angle!

    ReplyDelete