I was planning on doing a series on the CTA trains, it sounds a little cliche and unoriginal but I think I will be able to take interesting photos on this concept. I would take pictures of the spaces themselves, portraits of people riding or waiting for the train, and pictures of every day things that are seen on the CTA such as garbage. I also plan on ordering the series chronologically and the process of taking the train.
The lighting of these pictures will vary depending on the surrounding and the composition of that certain photograph. For half of the pictures I want to them to have a very eerie or creepy look to them. For these I will most likely shoot at the underground train stops where the lighting is very flat and they use a lot of mixed lighting from flourescent and tungsten lights. The other half of the pictures will be taken with a very calming natural look, these will be shot in the late afternoons of sunny days. These pictures will be taken on the train and at the outside train stops when there is very harsh lighting and shadows.
A majority of the photographs will probably have very shallow depth of field with the exception of a few pictures of the overall space of the train or train stops.
I know this project seems like it would be overly used, I have other ideas but they do not seem nearly as challenging and wouldn't involve as many technical skills.
A friend of mine in high school did a cta project by picking 1 cta line and doing a different photograph of each stop on the line. It ended up looking pretty cool of all the different neighborhoods and how the stops are built or have local art. I suggest red or blue line.
ReplyDelete