I am very intrigued with street photography and as a photographer I think we often get too preoccupied with looking forward that we don’t take the time to look up or down. I’ve been playing with an intriguing idea for a while that I’ve wanted to pursue and this is photographing people’s shoes. Although shooting people’s feet may sound a bit unusual, I have a feeling that this project idea has potential for some fascinating results.
You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their shoes. Not only style and personality, but also the adventure of what was, where they have been, things that still linger waiting to be re-discovered. My aim is to capture the wear and tear, the memories and the hidden story behind every step. In order to do this I will be riding the El train and shooting from one spot while aiming at the shoes directly in front of me. This way I will be allowing the people to tell the story instead of intentionally searching for it.
Since consistency plays an important role in this execution, I will make sure all the shots are around the same focal length with the same framing and have the same landscape orientation. Therefore when all the images are put together, the centrality of the theme will stand out.
ah what about the soles of people's shoes? these would be very revealing! what do you think?
ReplyDeletenarrow depth of field just on the sole?