Sunday, March 4, 2012
Maddie's Midterm Proposal
For my midterm project I plan on sticking with my two favorite subjects, decay/ abandonment and graffiti. However this project will be something entirely different than I'm used to because I don't normally set a theme to the images I take. I make images based on appealing composition, and these will be based on criteria. The two common themes I am planning on picking from are either time of day, or underlying sense of travel or place. My innitical concept was to illistarate the concept of transportation. The decay of old towns, their railways in particular fasinate me. With trains also than comes the graffiti aspect. The subjects of this set of images if I followed this theme would include images of train tracks, cars, boats, peoples feet/ a persons feet. My second theme idea would be the passage of time. Photographing beautifully composed images at different images at either the same time of day ( sunrise/ or sunset) or illistrating the passage of time by doing some sort of lighting gradient throughout the images. I think the last option for theme sounds most appealing, not only because the coloring form those times of day are beautiful, but also the warm casts that will be added to the images will show beauty within something most people do not find beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
maddie, keep pushing this idea, sounds promising. time of day can create a strong sense of time passing (think of a shaft of light on the floor of a domestic space). look at uta barth!
ReplyDelete