I still don't really know what the hell I'm doing for my final project. I've had several ideas, but I'm worried that they're all too ambitious for the amount of time we have left this semester. So, all this weekend I was dazed and confused about what to do for my final. But then all of a sudden, I remembered my horrible high school art class. It sucked. I remember one project we had to to a self portrait of ourselves inspired by a random artist, and mine was Roy Lichtenstein. I instantly remembered his "pop art." They were bright and certainly "poppy." The scenes and the women portrayed were always dramatic, and the color was just the same. I would say that most of his pictures were bright, primary colors. It made me think of doing portraits in a similar way.
So I went to the fabric store and bought background for my photos, yellow, red, and blue. I figure that with each colored background, I can do a makeup look that is either allied and matching the background, or complimentary to stand out from the background.
I also want to create a 2D/flat look to my images so they almost look like they were drawn or painted. I was thinking, possibly, drawing lines on my photos to give a comic-like feel to them.
Roy Lichtenstein Examples
Prior to shooting film, I always test with my digital. I started with a blue background and did a makeup look in allied colors. To achieve a 2D/flat look to the photo, I used a macro ring flash, which evenly illuminates the subject, and eliminates almost all shadows (Except for the neat shadow-halo around my subject)
I played around on my computer trying to figure how to make my photo look like a cartoon/comic just to see what it could possibly look like. This photo is going in the right direction, but I was hoping to find something that would give a more illustrated effect with thick, black lines.
...I still might change my project...



No comments:
Post a Comment