Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Midterm Proposal

I have a couple of ideas for my midterm project.  One of them is to photograph around the restaurant I work at, in the kitchen, in the pizza making area, in the break etc.  This would be ideal time wise because I could shoot on my break or before my shift starts or right after it ends.  I constantly see things that I would like to make pictures of at work so this might be when I get to do it.  A couple other ideas I had, which are less time efficient, and require relying heavily on others, are to recreate rolling stone magazine covers or to do closeup portraits of people, focusing on their least favorite feature, and highlight those features in different ways.  One of my goals is to shoot for rolling stone someday and I think it would be fun to recreate the iconic photos they've published.  I can't choose between the three, but I'm leaning toward the restaurant idea.  I could save the other ones for final project options.

1 comment:

  1. yes the restaurant one sounds great. how will you light these? what kind of color strategies can you use to make the pictures color dynamic?

    ReplyDelete