Sunday, February 19, 2012
Color Portrait Assignment
I was initially interested in this photograph because of its intense colors. There are three distinct different sets of colors. There are orange/yellow, white and blue. Each color is highly saturated making their complementary relationship even stronger. The brightest portion of this photograph is the white of her jacket and the yellow of the door handle. This draws my attention to her as the subject and brings out her "glamorous" persona. Because her bag is the only cool color in this photo my eyes automatically bounce to them as a main subject as well. If the color of the bag and glove were not so different from the rest of the photo I think it would have blended in as just a prop, not a subject.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this picture because of the highly saturated colors. For me, this is a great fashion photo. The orange around the subject brings focus to the main subject, which could be the model, the model's white outfit, or the bright blue purse. This would be a great ad in a magazine if they were trying to sell the purse. The orange brings focus to the bag since they're complementary. I also like how she has a matching blue glove.
ReplyDeleteIt's a fabulous photo, and looks quite 70's to me.